Hello friends! Welcome to the 2020 Favorite Things Gift Guide, put together by some of your favorite romance authors. Whether you're just starting your holiday shopping or you're searching for one last gift for that special person, we hope you'll find this list fun and helpful! With everything from cozy cardigans and hot chocolate to lip gloss and board games, we've got you covered with all our favorite things. And of course, don't forget to check out each of these wonderful authors and their books (because we all know books make the best gifts!).
Enjoy and happy shopping!
1. Hydro Flask Water Bottle picked by Kasey Stockton: "I think I was a camel in another life because I looooove water. I carry this thing around with me always, and it keeps water cold all day."
Check out Kasey's newest book, All Is Mary and Bright!
2. "Headmaster's Office" Candle picked by Sally Britton: "I love all the candles this shop has - and that everything is hand-poured and soy-based - but this particular scent just relaxes me. Fireplace, Cedarwood, and Lemon. It's one of my go-to things to light when I'm writing, reading, or relaxing."
Check out Sally's newest book, Mr. Gardiner and the Governess!
3. Packing Cubes picked by Deborah M. Hathaway: "I love these things! They keep my own suitcase organized, as well as my family's, and they save so much space. They're super durable, even when I stuff them far more than I should. (I've had some of mine for over six years, and they've survived multiple trips to England. And Cornwall. Because if I didn't mention Cornwall, I wouldn't be doing my job...) They are an absolute must for traveling!"
Check out Deborah's newest book, On the Second Day of Christmas!
4. Anglaspel picked by Arlem Hawks: "Last year I fell in love with this Swedish and German traditional decoration. Anglaspels are mesmerizing and watching the little figures spin over the flames is so calming. My family loves celebrating our heritage with this, which we use at dinner during the Christmas season and during our St. Lucia breakfast."
Check out Arlem's Christmas book, In Pursuit of a Gentleman!
5. Heart and Brain Comics picked by Shaela Kay: "One of my favorite things is the Heart and Brain comics by Nick Seluk. I have a few of the books, and they always make me laugh. They are the perfect pick-me-up when I'm having a bad day or just need a giggle. Bonus - if you order direct from the author's website, all books come signed!"
Check out Shaela's upcoming book, Only Ever Friends!
6. Hot Chocolate Bomb picked by Megan Walker: "These hot chocolate bombs are made in my childhood hometown and sold at my sister's boutique! Put a caramel, mint, pumpkin, or chocolate flavored ball in your favorite mug, then pour hot milk over it and watch it melt into velvety goodness!! Then curl up with your favorite book and a warm fireplace and join me in one of my favorite holiday comforts."
Check out Megan's newest book, Her Unexpected Courtship!
7. Cozy Cable Knit Cardigan picked by Sarah M. Eden: "I have a long-standing addiction to cardigans. They're cute. They're cozy. They're blessedly warm. And a cardigan with pockets... even better! I have bought cardigans in stores, in vintage shops, on Etsy, even as souvenirs of my travels. I wear them year round, but this time of year I prefer soft, thick ones. They keep the winter chill from creeping in."
Check out Sarah's new book, Forget Me Not!
8. Code Names picked by Katie Stewart Stone: "Such a fun way to find out if you and your family/friends are on the same page. We love this game!"
Check out Katie's newest book, Coming Home to Bellingham!
9. Dr Teal's Foaming Bath picked by Samantha Hastings: "I'm obsessed with the Dr Teals Bubble Bath brand! The smells are amazing and they make your skin so soft. I have ten different flavors and they are all amazing. I love to read a book in a hot bubble bath and the Lavender flavor is great to help you fall asleep. It's a great gift for under $5."
Check out Samantha's new book, A Royal Christmas Quandary!
10. Old Navy Men's Dynamic Fleece Joggers picked by Martha Keyes: "They're super comfortable and have zip pockets perfect for holding my phone!"
Check out Martha's newest book, The Christmas Foundling!
11. Santa's Secret Tea picked by Rachel McMillan: "My favourite thing is Santa's Secret Tea from David's Tea! It is a delicious peppermint chocolate flavoured black tea with tiny candy canes in it!"
Check out Rachel's newest book, Christmas in Three Quarter Time!
12. Next Day Finishing Spray picked by Esther Hatch: "This might be more of a gift you buy yourself, but I LOVE Next Day Hair. If you have thin hair that goes flat this adds so much volume and it works great to keep my curls looking fresh and full for days. I even use it when I don’t curl my hair and it still adds great volume without feeling sticky or dry."
Check out Esther's newest book, A Proper Charade!
13. Bookworm Travel Mug picked by Heidi Kimball: "I love cute and quirky items that proclaim my nerdiness. This mug fits the bill perfectly!"
Check out Heidi's newest book, Where the Stars Meet the Sea!
14. Women's Plush Hoodie picked by Mindy Strunk: "My favorite thing right now is this hooded sweatshirt! I love it because it has these thumb holes and my hands always are freezing when I write, so this helps keep them warmer. I have since sent my husband back to get me one of every color and it has become a part of my work uniform."
Check out Mindy's newest book, Unmasking Lady Caroline!
15. Bath and Body Works Vanillamint Lip Gloss picked by Ashtyn Newbold: "I've been using this lipgloss for at least five years, and I don't think that will ever change. I can't stand having dry lips, so I apply it (or any of the other mint Bath and Body Works lip glosses; there are several I like) several times a day. It's minty, moisturizing, pretty, and the perfect stocking stuffer!"
Check out Ashtyn's newest book, Her Silent Knight!
16. Out of Print Library Socks picked by Toni Shiloh: "My favorite thing this time of year is socks. I have this awesome library style pair that keeps my feet warm and allows me to focus on writing instead of how cold I am."
Check out Toni's new book, Something Borrowed: Christmas Weddings Collection!
17. Stephen's Mint Truffle Hot Chocolate picked by Jen Geigle Johnson: "This is by far the best hot chocolate. I've never had better and when I drink anything else, it just makes me long for my first love. Raspberry hot cocoa is also a delicious flavor, but for Christmas, I stick with the mint. MMM."
Check out Jen's newest book, His Lady in Hiding!
18. Cover Your Assets picked by Rachel Fordham: "This game can be learned in minutes! Fast and fun. The game itself is super awesome (over 5k five star reviews on Amazon). But it’s more than just a great game. It’s made by amazing people. Grandpa Beck is my uncle and one of favorite people."
Check out Rachel's newest book, A Life Once Dreamed!
19. Diamond Art Stickers picked by Anneka R. Walker: "Diamond art is the ultimate boredom buster at my house right now. It’s a craft that can accommodate a huge age span. All five of my kids aged 4-14 love it (and a couple of those are active boys). It's almost quiet over here, and these are the same kids who’ve shared the same walls together for 9+ months! The hours of peace have made it money well spent. Fun tip: it’s a fabulous activity to do while listening to an audiobook!"
Check out Anneka's newest book, The Masked Baron!
20. Daily Happy Notes picked by Joanna Barker: "We could all use a little more happy in our lives, right? I love this daily calendar! It's bright, fun, and full of inspirational quotes and affirmations."
Check out Joanna's newest book, Otherwise Engaged!
21. Fuzzy Socks picked by Josi S. Kilpack: "As the temperatures cool, I love to keep my toes toasty and I prefer my comfy socks to be super soft. These fit the bill for snuggling up with a good book, keeping my feet warm in my boots, and I usually wear them to bed at night too."
Check out Josi's newest book, Rakes and Roses!
I'm a romance addict, lover of all things historical, and a writer mom who loves her job!
Sign up for my newsletter!